Bush Radio 89.5fm is opening applications for internship positions for those interested in getting into media. No prior formal qualification is required.
Please read the requirements below carefully – should the information be incomplete or incorrect, your application will not be considered.
Curious, adventurous, always looking for a story, willing to hunt down a source, hungry to learn, energetic, able to speak, write and read in English & Afrikaans/Xhosa, willing to explore new frontiers in media?
Would you like to…
Record sound, conduct interviews, compile bulletins, read bulletins, take pictures, record video, cover events, test your skills LIVE to a listening and online audience of over 375 000 people, generate interview ideas, liaise with guests, assist presenter, research, package and present, liaise with listeners regarding programme, updating blogs/websites, present as needed / capable, participate in outside broadcasts or events, build your career and profile?
- No formal qualifications are required but the candidates must be computer literate and understand, write and read English and one other language (Afrikaans or Xhosa)
- You will be required full-time (ie Monday – Friday) or shifts (06h00 – 14h00 and 10h00 –18h00 –including weekend and public holiday shifts depending on the area you are placed.
- You must be available to start immediately.
- You will not receive payment! This is a volunteer internship at Africa’s leading community radio station. Transport allowance of R500 per month for 3 months (probation), increased to R 1000 thereafter, non-negotiable for 9 months.
- Shortlisted candidates will be put through a combination written test (for computer skills, language, general knowledge) and a voice test.
How to submit your application:
- Only emailed applications will be considered.
- Download and complete the CV Application, attach documentation (certificates etc) and email to email@example.com
- In the subject line clearly state: Intern October 2017
- Application deadline: 29 October 2017 @ 18h00
Bush Radio reserves the right not to make an appointment – Only shortlisted candidates ill be contacted – No correspondence will be entered into. If you have been contacted within two weeks of the closing date you should consider your application unsuccessful.